My Own Pine Box - Self-Titled CDr


My Own Pine Box was a short-lived band from Lansing, MI. They sound like a poppier and slightly more deranged Agna Moraine's Autobiography. If you like that jazzy and ugly hardcore sound, you'll definitely like this. If you don't, check it out anyway. They featured ex-members of Bev.Clone, Bombs Lullabye, Agna Moraine's Autobiography, and a couple of other bands I'm not aware of at the moment. I have been a big fan of all the aforementioned bands, and this band instantly attracted my attention as soon as I got to know they existed.

The remnants of My Own Pine Box morphed into I Won't Land, a band I have no info about. Karl (MOPB's drummer, who was kind enough to send me this album) also played in Swimming To Pinpoints. They released a CD on Iron Compass Records in 2004 entitled Concentric. Does anyone have it? Anyway, the My Own Pine Box album was probably recorded in 1999. The band was formed in 1998 and must have been broken up by 2000. I read on some random website that Ryan (who played bass and sang) re-released this on CDr in may 2001. And it had artwork and everything. Well, I'm not sure if that happened, but if it did, he has stated only 50 copies were going to be produced. The CDr I have has no artwork, just the song titles. Prior to that "release", the demo had remained unreleased.

If you have any questions, or just feel like telling Karl how great the bands he played in are, there's a My Own Pine Box myspace page. This is the first thing on this blog that was actually ripped by me.

My Own Pine Box - Self-Titled CDr (Self-Released, 1999)

Download .m4a files (lossless / approx. 800 kbps) / Pt. 1, Pt. 2, Pt. 3
Download .mp3 files (160 kbps) / Here

7 comments:

Francisco said...

Thanks for the Re-up, Sapila.

Cheers,

Pancho.

Michael Kardamakis said...

you're welcome! the last time i uploaded this only 2 people downloaded it..

Anonymous said...

yo, could you upload some Living War Room? plz?

Michael Kardamakis said...

Unfortunately I have their CD on 128 kbps.. But I will upload it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was really good. Thanks a lot for introducing me to this band. Your last.fm profile has also helped me find out about tons of great music.

I've got this blog bookmarked. I can't wait for your next post. Keep it up!

Thanks again,
John

Michael Kardamakis said...

thanks!

_August_ said...

Thank you for this