Mixtape #1: Future Vision


The little poll on the right has clearly shown that the demand for hardcore is still the highest, despite the fact that I haven't posted anything that sounds like it for the past 6 months or so... Which should tell me a lot. So, after some weeks of not knowing what to post, I finally came up with an original, in my opinion, idea : a mix. Shit, what an amazing idea, right - but wait! It's not going to be your stupid, run-of-the-amateur-dj mix - why? Because it will contain all the genres of music I listen to, or otherwise stated, the product of 11 years of discovering sounds and cultures, all connected by a single thread; that paranoid esoteric urge to compose and create. Sure, whatever.

Creating the mix took me more than 5 hours but I think it was worth it. Moving on, what you get in this mix is 80's and modern hardcore punk, crust, power violence, emo, grindcore, sludge, metalcore... but also house, electroclash, techno and blasting electro. Okay, I left many other genres off, but I tried really hard to make this actually listenable. I don't really care about the genres - for me it's just different beats and sounds accomodated to be heard. Hell, I even attempted to mix some of the songs together, like real DJs do! Although I have to admit it's the very first time I do this using a program and no analog equipment. I think it tourned out OK. The mix is pretty mediocre, but that's allright since I've also included the unmixed songs as well.

Still, I'd be very happy to know what you think of this little experiment and if you would like me to post more like this.

Here's the track list:

1. Blues - Tucson
2. Maximillian Colby - New Jello
3. Francesco Diaz & Young Rebels - Ibiza [Featuring Tamara Huber] [Thomas Gold & Francesco Diaz Club Mix]
4. Iron Lung - Pathoclast
5. Thomas Gold, Francesco Diaz & Young Rebels - Open Sesame [Radio Mix]
6. Tank - Fin-Faim (Moi, Surmoi, Ca)
7. Kee Mo & Tim Royko - Beautiful Lie [Featuring Cosmo Klein] [PhonJaxx RMX]
8. Bodies In The Gears Of The Apparatus - White Trash Whore
9. Funkerman - Speed Up [Featuring I/Fan] [Tune Brothers RMX] [Edit]
10. Krakdown - Blinded
11. Trainwreck - Living Like The Living Dead
12. Public Enemy Vs. Ferry Corsten - Bring The Noise [Ferry Corsten RMX] [Radio Edit]
13. Comadre - Grow Worms
14. Starkillers - Killer [Mac Zimms RMX] [Edit]
15. A Thin Line Fading - I Won't Follow
16. Erick Morillo - Dance I Said [Featuring P. Diddy] [Touché Vocal Mix]
17. Ordination Of Aaron - Counter
18. Corkscrew - Elbow [Original]
19. Irate - NY Metal
20. Sander Kleinenberg - This Is Our Night [Original Mix]
21. The Jan-Michael Vincent Car Crash - North London Book Of The Dead
22. Drama Society - Crying Hero

Download. (192 kbps, 234 MB)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

einai gkri gia mena.. maga..

TheDanceVibe.co.uk said...

http://thedancevibe.co.uk/francesco-diaz-young-rebels-ibiza-waveshock-hot-summer-nights-remix/